Top Must-Have School Supplies for Students and Teachers
- Calculators - Printing, non-printing, pocket-size, or scientific, calculators in every shape, size, and price, continue to be among the best selling of all back-to-school supplies.
- Pens, pencils, highlighters, markers - A necessity for every student, every school, everywhere.
- Pocket calendar - One of the most underrated items, a pocket calendar helps with everything from dating an assignment to planning a research paper.
- Cell phones - While talking during class isn't allowed, it's a family necessity for schedule coordination.
- Ruled notebooks - Get a different color for each subject. This year consider going green by buying those made of recycled paper.
- Binders and pocket folders - For organizing miscellaneous handouts and papers.
- Backpack - Big enough to hold various shapes and sizes, but not too large for the child.
- In addition to the above, popular items for the college-bound include:
- Planner - Electronic or paper, this must-have helps keep projects, papers, and assignments on track.
- turdy backpack or messenger bag - While a shoulder-style messenger bag keeps things neatly arranged, a sturdy backpack (or one on wheels) easily accommodates the heaviest textbooks.
- Laptop - An everyday essential for class work, research, and communications.
- Flash drive - For those times when you can leave the laptop at the dorm, conveniently carry your work in your pocket.
- Markers - Including fine-point, thick-point, and plain (non-toxic).
- Colored chalk - Livens up the lesson and helps make an important point.
- Index cards - Great for customized flash cards, teacher's notes, and general organization.
- Post-it notes - Handy labels and reminders.
- Color folders - Keeps classes, subjects and lesson plans together.
- Tape - Both transparent and masking for multiple uses.
SEE ALL BLOG POSTS